What are the costs involved in selling my home?
Fees vary depending on the type of property as well as what is negotiated in the sale.
Susie Denton can provide you with an estimated closing statement to give you an estimate of what is to be paid as part of the sale.
What factors can influence the price of my home?
You want your home to sell for the highest price possible, but also in a timely fashion. Here are some factors that influence the price of your home:
• Current real estate market conditions
• Hard facts such as square footage and condition of property
• Desirability factors, including location, building amenities, and property attributes
• Selling and listing price of comparable homes in the area
Pricing correctly is critical
We have the experience and resources to establish the optimum price for your property. First, we assemble a sampling of comparable current listings and recent sales. Then, we assess the climate of the current local real estate market and discuss with you how quickly you need to sell your property, and how much you would like to realize from the sale. The home valuation estimate is given as a range of values, and is based on home price data from recent sales and other information about house values in the area. From this information we arrive at an asking price that meets your expectations and market conditions.
How price affects Buyers interest?
- When you price your home above its market value, fewer buyers will show interest in your property
- When you price your home below market value, you increase the number of interested buyers
- The price you set and the interest you create should reflect your selling goals
- Always consider pricing with some degree of negotiation
How do I negotiate offers on my home?
Pricing your property with a ‘cushion’ for negotiation can be costly if it pushes the price above the fair market value range. To begin the negotiating process, you need interested buyers. If overpriced, the number of buyers the property attracts is greatly reduced. The best approach is to price a home just within the market value range. This allows room for negotiations, without sacrificing exposure.
What are the dangers if I overprice my home?
When a property is overpriced, windows of opportunity are missed. The buyers interest is at its highest when a property is initially placed on the market. But if the property is priced above realistic market value, the excitement and number of showings are greatly reduced. Later, it may be necessary to adjust the price below market value to compete with new, competitively priced listings.
What is the best approach to pricing my home?
The best approach is to price your home just within the market value range provided by Andalucia Homes. This allows room for negotiation, without sacrificing exposure.
Andalucia Homes always want you to get the best possible price for your home. However, when a home is priced too high for the market, this may:
• Attract viewers, not qualified buyers
• Imply you are not motivated to sell
• Reduce the number of viewings
• Help competitive listings look more attractive
• Cause financing issues for the buyer if the property doesn’t appraise at the higher price
• Ultimately force you to drop the price below market value in order to sell
What is my role in the selling process?
No one has a more important role in the selling process than you
Here are some ways your participation can contribute to a successful sale:
• Maintain the property
• Ensure the property is easily accessible for viewings
• Communicate, let us know how to contact you at all times
• Remove or lock up valuables
• Limit conversations with buyers regarding price